The purpose of these rules is to ensure the safety and enjoyment of rowers and park visitors.
- Rowers will park in the upper parking lot.
- Rowers must walk down the crew path by following the sign in the upper parking lot. If rowers walk alongside the road, they must walk in single file and stay to the side of the road and off of the hardened road surface wherever possible.
- All motorists in the park must adhere to the 25 MPH speed limit. Park Rangers have the authority to issue citations and ban individuals from the park if there is a violation.
- Foul language will not be tolerated by anyone in the park. Remember, this is a public park and children are in the vicinity.
- Trash is to be disposed of in one of the many trash cans located at the Oxford Boathouse and throughout the park.
- Rowers must carefully follow the instructions of the coaches and coxswains, both to protect themselves and to safeguard the equipment.
- Boats and other equipment belong to the various local high school crew teams, they have loaned these items to PWRC. New boats cost more than $15,000, and new oars are more than $325 each. If a rower's activity/inactivity causes the boat or any other equipment to be damaged, it is the rower's responsibility to pay for the repair/replacement of the equipment.
- No swimsuits or jewelry are allowed. They pose a safety risk.
- No swimming is allowed in the Occoquan.