The Prince William Rowing Club (PWRC) is a Masters Rowing Club that offers a variety of adult sweep rowing programs with some sculling opportunities. Our typical season runs from early June to early November. As an adult club, PWRC participates in Masters level regattas or regattas that offer Masters level competitions. View USRowing competitive age categories.
PWRC offers programs for everyone at every experience and skill level. Within these programs there are rowers of varying abilities, experience, and commitment levels.
PWRC coaches strive to match similar rowers together with the aim of fielding the most competitive boats, while assuring that every rower has the opportunity to participate at some level.
Too busy to row during the week? PWRC aims to accommodate your busy schedule with a range of program options. Read on to find out more!
We begin on the water practice on June 3, 2017 & our last day of practice is November 11, 2017.
Rowing Programs Offered
- Adult Novice Camp: Two-week introduction to rowing basics
- Sculling Camp: Designed for both beginners and those with some sculling experience who want to improve their technique.
- Novice: A sweep rowing program for men and women who have little or no rowing experience. Its goal is to teach basic rowing skills and to develop the techniques and fitness needed to compete (if the members desire) against other novice rowers at regattas on the Occoquan river. After completing this program, rowers are eligible to join other PWRC programs.
- Intermediate: Designed for men and women who are interested in getting exercise and experiencing the excitement and fun of the sport of rowing. Rowers may participate in regattas, but preparing for competition is not the focus of the Intermediate program.
- Full membership
- Partial membership (Weekends/Weekdays Only or College)
- Racing: For experienced and committed rowers who desire to compete in regattas. This program is further divided into men’s and women’s racing teams. Training for both Sprint (1000m) and Head Race (5000m) regattas is a priority and rowers must be committed to racing. Participation in this program and seating boats will be at the coach’s discretion and based upon on-the-water performance, physical ability (ERG tests), effort, and attendance.
- Associates: Members who are involved in PWRC activities and events but not in our practices or sweep rowing