PWRC Code of Conduct
In addition to the Lake Ridge Park and Boathouse Rules concerning conduct, the following is a general PWRC Code of Conduct for all members, coaches, and coxswains:
- All rowers, coaches, and coxswains will be treated with respect.
- Rowers and coxswains are on the water to row and learn to better their skills.
- Coaching critiques of rowers occur most often on the water and will be done in positive tones and such critiques are to be taken as positive attempts to improve style, power, form, or technique of the boat or the individual rower.
- No rower is to critique another rower's performance either on or off the water unless specifically requested by the rower. Comments concerning boat performance should be directed to the coach or team captain in a manner that identifies a reoccurring problem. No one rower should be negatively singled out by another rower.
- No rower will request or direct any other member to remove themselves from a boating lineup of a boat.
- All rowers, coxswains and coaches are expected to treat all equipment with care and are responsible for the careful use of equipment both on and off the water. All damage to any equipment is to be immediately communicated to the Coach or the team captain who will ensure that this is recorded on the PWRC Daily Use Report.
- All regatta participants are expected to assist each other and are responsible for the safe loading and unloading of all equipment prior to and after regattas.
- All rowers will help keep the boathouse and surrounding area clean and orderly, and take any and all personal gear home. Personal gear left at the boathouse will be placed in a general boathouse lost and found.
- All rowers are expected to help with launch setup and breakdown.
- All rowers are expected to assist in boathouse workdays and to participate with other club activities such as, Learn to Row, Adult Rowing Camp, and other events that help promote the sport of rowing.
- Rowers are expected to use TeamSnap and notify their coach of any absence in advance of practice; if last minute, call the boathouse (703-491-5754).
- No alcohol will be consumed in the Lake Ridge Park area. Alcohol is not to be consumed prior to practice. During regattas, alcohol should not be consumed until all races have been completed and equipment is safely loaded. If a PWRC member arrives at a practice or regatta having consumed alcohol, the coach(s) and Board have the right to refuse that member to go on the water.
- The PWRC Board has the right to remove any rower, coxswain, or coach immediately for flagrant or repeated violations of safety procedures or gross unprofessional behavior.
- Violation of these rules could result in suspension of rowing privileges and/or termination of club membership.